Here are 10 easy to spot signs that you're dealing with a quality solar company.
1. A good solar company will be able to give you honest, clear and no-pressure advice to help you choose the right solar panel system for your situation.
2. Look for a company that physically comes out to visit your home for a site inspection so they can see your type of roof, angle, orientation, shading issues and space.
3. A solar business that offers a warranty on their workmanship is usually one that takes pride in their work and get the job done right.
4. Good solar representatives are knowledgeable, experienced, and happy to spend the time explaining solar to you.
6. A solar company that has been around for a long time is usually a good sign that they are a quality business and will be around to service your solar system over its lifetime.
7. Solar installers who clean up after themselves often indicates they take pride in their work.
8. A physical storefront/workshop will provide you with a good sign that the company is legit and can help with any problems or after-sales service.
9. A decent solar company has good reviews on social media and Google. But do have a healthy dose of wariness for fake reviews, or even competitors rubbishing a business.
10. A quality solar company doesn’t offer the cheapest prices – you get what you pay for. It might cut corners selling cheap and nasty systems, offer no after-care service, or won't offer/honour warranties.
Click here to download our solar company comparison worksheet to help you choose.
Check out our reviews and testimonials.