- Reduce Monthly Electrical BillsOne of the best and most obvious advantages of using solar energy is that it can save you a lot of money over the long run. Once you have installed your solar energy system, any electrical bills are reduced greatly – if not cleared completely.People who have installed solar panels in their homes often save up to 50% on their monthly electric bill. When you add this up over the long run, it can mean serious savings.Whether you are using your solar panels to power your geyser, lights, or any other electrical areas of your home, you can forget the utility charges on these. If you are lucky enough to convert your entire household to solar energy, you can cut out your electrical bill altogether.
- Solar Energy Can Be Used Every Day – Even When CloudyOne of the great myths about solar power is that it can only work when the sun is out shining in full force. To the contrary, if you have solar panels installed in your home, they will generate electricity for you every day. While the output may vary, solar energy will never leave you in the dark.On a cloudy day, solar panels tend to produce 10 to 25% of their typical output. Of course, this is a small amount compared to their usual capacity, but it is still energy that is being sustainably generated.One would assume that extremely sunny weather is best for solar energy, but this is not necessarily the case. Sometimes very hot and sunny weather will actually lead to your solar panels producing less power. Some of the most effective solar powered areas are found in very cloudy places.Therefore the sun can be utilised even when it is not at its full potential. Installing successful solar panels in your home can be done almost anywhere, and they will provide you with clean power throughout the year.
- The Sun Is A Renewable Energy SourceWe all know about global warming and the detrimental effects it has on our planet. One of the key areas of fighting this problem is moving towards sustainable energy sources.Through using solar panels to generate electricity, you avoid any burning of fossil fuels and pollution. You do not need to use up any of the earth’s precious resources or damage the planet in any way. Unlike many other sources of electricity, solar power produces zero greenhouse gases and pollution. This is pure, clean energy.The sun will also not run out. While the earth has limited resources which are often used for producing energy, the sun will always be there. This means that solar power is one of the best sources of renewable energy.Being able to harness clean, renewable energy is extremely valuable. Solar power can be your way to easily achieve this at home, with little effort required.
- Low Maintenance CostsSomething that scares many people away from installing solar panels is the thought that it is extremely expensive. This is not actually the case.The only real expense with solar power is the initial installation of the panels. Once this is done, you can sit back and enjoy your new source of self-sustaining energy. Solar panels require minimum to zero maintenance, and will not cause you serious trouble once they have been installed.Think about how many times you may have had issues with your utility company. Often there are costly maintenance issues and repairs required for typical electricity. Having your own solar power cuts this out.Even if maintenance is required on your solar panels, most warranties and service contracts are set up to help you. These companies will generally come out to repair any issues with your solar system at no extra cost to the homeowner. This is rare when it comes to electrical utility companies.
- Solar Energy Can Be Applied In Many Different WaysTurning the sun’s rays into electricity is far easier than many people think. As this source of renewable energy is so accessible, it means it can be used for a variety of applications. For example, solar powered ventilation fans are a great idea.Self-contained roof vent fans are available which will cool down your house. These require no extra household electricity, and therefore no extra electrical costs. Free standing solar powered fans are also available to be put to similar use.A solar blanket can be put to use to heat your pool. This is a smart, independent heating device that uses the sun’s heat to warm your pool water. Forget about any costly pool heaters, this is a self-sustaining way to do it. Special solar water heaters are also popular inventions to replace traditional electrical geysers.
- Easy InstallationInstalling solar panels is easier than you may think. Solar panels require no wires, cords, or power sources. Unlike other sources of renewable energy which need specialised spaces, tools, and installation methods, solar power is more accessible.Simply use your rooftop as a space for your own mini power station. With advancements in technology, solar power installation costs have also been reduced.Therefore, it is safe to say that introducing solar power to your life will help in many ways. Not only is it one of the cleanest, most renewable sources of energy out there but it is also great for cutting down on electrical bills. Solar energy is an easy way to start making your life more eco-friendly.
With pollution and waste being a global crisis, turning to renewable energy sources is something we should all consider. Being able to generate your own power through sustainable means holds many advantages. One of the best ways to tap into renewable energy sources is through solar power. Not only is this an amazing relief to the environment, but it can also help your lifestyle in many ways. Here is a list of 6 advantages to harnessing the power of the sun.