- Demand identification with the representative’s name, business details and street address on it – this is required by law.
- Independently verify any information provided to you
- Do not be pressured to pay for anything on-the-spot – no doorknockers can ask you to pay within the mandatory 10-day cooling off period
- Be careful with anyone asking for cash payments
- Refuse any offer to drive you to your bank
- Be wary of unsolicited doorknockers in general
- Watch out for: hard-luck stories, special deals because they are ‘in the area’, or free solar panels and rebates after paying an upfront payment
- If it is too good to be true, it usually is.
Not all solar power companies are the same! Why you should go with a Clean Energy Council Approved Retailer
[video_lightbox_youtube video_id=”4ViWWDlk-yk” width=”640″ height=”480″ anchor=””]
The CEC holds stricter and higher standards of conduct, quality and service. It is also backed by the ACCC, which means as a consumer, you’re protected.