The Tesla Powerwall Battery is in Perth - Should I Get One?
- Solar panels will only save you the electricity you use during the day, powering your fridge, appliances and air-conditioning for example. But by storing the excess output of your solar panels, the Powerwall lets you maximise the energy that your solar panels deliver by making their power usable at night.
- If you're in remote or rural areas and want to avoid relying on the grid, (eg. bushfire season) the Tesla Powerwall will allow you to go off-grid. You can also use the Powerwall in conjunction with utility grids.
- It works automatically, so after the simple installation, you can set and forget. Powerwall's lithium-ion solar battery requires no maintenance after installation.
- Created by revolutionary Tesla technology, this battery offers a sleek and compact alternative to many of the bulky home batteries on the market.
How does the Tesla Powerwall work?
- The Powerwall battery stores energy that your solar panels create during the day, in order to give you power you can readily use in the evening.
- Combined with a compatible inverter, the Tesla Powerwall can be quickly and easily integrated with your existing solar installation.
- Emergency back-up options are also built into the device, allowing you to keep your home running in the event of a blackout.
- The Powerwall gives you a 6.4 kWh energy storage capacity, which is enough to power the average home during the evening.
The households that will benefit from the Tesla Powerwall if the energy consumption is high, looking for long-term returns or want to go off-grid.
Alternatively, you can wait, since battery costs will only come down and become more competitive. You can also future-proof your system by having a higher kW system installed, so you can be battery-ready.
Contact us for a clear, genuine appraisal to discuss your options and to see whether the Tesla Powerwall will suit your household.