With your signature freshly inked on the contract, installation on your brand new PV System can begin. While your installer takes the necessary steps to install your system, such as notifying you of the start date and beginning installation, always make sure that necessary documentation is provided.
It is crucial that you receive all relevant documents related to your solar system when it is installed. These are usually provided by your solar provider on the day of installation, so this would be a good time to ask about them if they are not received.
A system manual should also be provided on the day of installation so that you can better understand how your particular system functions. This manual can also be used to troubleshoot simple issues if they arise.
These documents have a wide variety of important purposes, such as warranty information, emergency procedures and performance estimates.
Your solar system documentation should comprise of:
- A comprehensive list of all equipment supplied
- The relevant shutdown and isolation procedure for your system’s maintenance and emergency situations
- A connection diagram, including electrical ratings of the PV array as well as ratings for all installed overcurrent devices and switches
- An estimate of your system’s performance
- Recommended regular system maintenance
- A maintenance procedure and maintenance timetable
- An installation checklist and commissioning sheet
- PV array frame engineering certificate for wind and mechanical loading
- The installer and/or designer’s declaration of compliance
- Your system’s relevant warranty information
- The manufacturer’s equipment documentation and all relevant handbooks for equipment supplied
- An action plan to be taken in the event of an earth fault alarm
When considering the performance estimates of your solar system, it’s important to note that the amount of sunlight is highly variable depending on location, season and weather trends.
With all your documents on file, you can rest easy knowing that they will help cover you in the future. Now it’s now time to sit back and let your solar system installation commence!
Make sure to store your documentation in a safe place, as it will be crucial in the event you need to make a warranty or insurance claim.
Here at Renew Energy, we’re not going to make you chase us around for your documentation; instead, we’ll provide it at the earliest possible convenience for you so that the process remains as stress free as possible.